Your vehicle’s heating and cooling system plays a very important role in your vehicle’s engine and transmission health and performance. Therefore, it is important to regularly maintain this system to ensure your engine or transmission does not overheat and result in serious engine damage and transmission damage. Most drivers do not realize that the transmission cooler is imbedded in the radiator of the vehicle and is cooled with engine coolant/antifreeze. If the coolant is not regularly maintained, corrosion and leaks may occur from the breakdown of the chemicals in the coolant and breakdown in the lubrication properties of the transmission fluid and engine oil.
AAMCO Brampton, ON’s Heating/Cooling System Service includes: -
- Heating and Air Conditioning – Your Heating and Air conditioning System has many parts and it is what keeps you defogs and deices the windshield, the A/C dehumidifies the air for the defrosters, and it keeps you and your family comfortable on hot and cold days. AAMCO Brampton, ON will check the AC system’s refrigerant charge, check the hoses, and inspect the heater core for flow and leaks.
- Antifreeze/Coolant – The coolant/antifreeze in your vehicle not only keeps away rust, corrosion, and the fluid from freezing, but it also raises the boiling point of the coolant allowing the engine to run hotter without boiling. Most engines today run a high temperature to avoid oil sludge and environmental issues and the coolant is an important chemical to allow for that to happen. AAMCO Brampton, ON will change your old dirty worn out coolant/antifreeze with the proper type and amount that is specified by your vehicles manufacturer.
- Drive Belts - Many vehicles only have 1 belt that many systems rely on to function properly. This belt drives the water pump, alternator, power steering and air conditioning compressor. If this belt breaks or slips, not only will your engine overheat, but you will lose power assist in your steering, the battery will start to go dead from not recharging and the Air conditioning will stop operating. AAMCO Brampton, ON will closely inspect your belt or drive belts and will let you know whether it is time to replace it.
- Coolant Hoses- While the Belt drives the water pump to circulate coolant through the system, the hoses route that coolant through the radiator, heater core and engine to not only cool the engine and transmission but to also provide heat for the cool days and to defog your windshield when it becomes icy or foggy. As with the belt, we will closely inspect all radiator, heater hoses and clamps to make sure they are still working correctly, not leaking, swollen, brittle or cracked, and are not near the end of their useful life.
- Cooling Fan – While many vehicles still rely on the belt to drive a mechanical fan, more and more vehicles today utilize an electric fan draws air through the radiator when the vehicle is stopped or moving slowly and if the fan malfunctions, your engine and transmission can quickly overheat. AAMCO Brampton, ON will inspect and test the fan to make sure it is operating correctly and when it should.
- Radiator Pressure Cap — Your radiator pressure cap will be inspected, and pressure tested to make sure it is operating correctly. Just like the coolant, the pressure cap allows the system to build up pressure to around 18-20 lbs which increases the boiling point of the coolant. If the cap will not let the system run at pressure, your vehicles engine and transmission could run hot and even overheat.
- Coolant Reservoir – The coolant reservoir not only holds additional coolant so when the system expands and contracts the fluid has some where to go, but it also allows for the system to purge air and eliminate and air pockets that could cause overheating. A cracked or leaking tank will also not allow pressure to build in the system causing overheating. AAMCO Brampton, ON inspects the coolant reservoir to ensure your vehicle maintains proper levels of coolant to ensure a reliable operation.
- Thermostat — The thermostat is basically a valve that regulates the flow of coolant to maintain engine temperature at the prescribed level. This small valve uses a flap controlled by a spring and a wax plug that after thousands of cycles can become weak, sticky or jammed. A poorly performing thermostat will cause overheating, poor fuel economy, and perhaps some severe engine damage or issues. AAMCO Brampton, ON will test your thermostat to ensure it is working properly.
- Cabin Air Filter - One of the most unknown and forgotten filters is the cabin air filter. This filter cleans the air that comes into the interior from the outside through the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system. It catches dust, pollen and other airborne material that can make riding in a car unpleasant, particularly if you have allergies or other respiratory problems. Depending on how long the cabin air filter has been there working day in and day out, you may see all kinda of stuff like bus, leaves, twigs, insects, pollen, soot and grime that literally covers the entire surface that comes in contact with incoming air can all be a problem for the AC and heating system and the cabin air inside your vehicle.
AAMCO Brampton, ON
OUR ADDRESS91 Kennedy Road South, Brampton, ON L6W 3G1
Monday - Friday | 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday | Closed